Sunday, February 19, 2012

Alright, alright. So two week later and still no blog post. I've been super busy these past couple of weeks, although I'm not entirely sure what I've been busy doing. So let's see if I can sum it up without writing a novel. two weeks ago we went to Segovia. Segovia is such a beautiful city! There is a giant aqueduct there, along with a huge castle. It's actually the castle Disneyland got it's inspiration from! You can totally tell from looking at it. After doing these touristy things, we met some high school kids from the town. They taught us this cute dance they made up and just laughed and laughed. They actually knew really good English! They were so funny, so excited to speak to Americans! 


 


Then that night I was supposed to go to The Sounds concert with a couple of girls and guys from the ward here. Well when we got there they wouldn't let us in without government approved ID. Needless to say, we are all down 28 euro for nothing. But Santi, a guy from the ward, was determined to salvage the night. He called his friend Mario and we all decided to hit up the Discotecas! I know clubbing in America is a little crazy, but really it was so much fun here! First we went to an Irish pub, which I guess is kind of like the pre-game here. You meet friends to go dancing with. But we already had our group of friends and didn't mingle with anyone else. At the pub there was a live band that played a lot of really great American music, "Down on the corner", "Sweet child of mine", stuff like that. Then we went to the real discoteca. It was so much fun! We all just danced and really had a good time!

The Irish pub


Dancin it up at the Discoteca!


Then this last Thursday, we went to the temple. Yes, I feel bad that the temple trip is right after the discotecas, but I swear they were just good clean fun! But really the temple was absolutely amazing. I've been wanting to feel comfort here and I thought that going to church on Sundays would be that comfort for me. But I usually just get so frustrated trying to understand it that I don't allow the spirit into my heart. But the temple was full of American temple workers. They gave the spiritual thought in English. There was just like a tangible spirit in the temple. It was exactly the comfort that I needed. It felt so good to just sit and soak in the spirit and not have to figure out what was being said. It gave me just enough spiritual recharge to make it through the next half of the trip! 




Friday we went to the art fair and then out to Carnaval. I can't even explain Carnaval. It's like a weird Cirque De Soleil meets Halloween. We saw this show that was so bizarre! I wish I had better pictures but just imagine this! 





Then Saturday we went to Cuenca, the city with the hanging houses. There are these houses that hang out over the edge of cliffs. Literally the balconies hang over the edge of the cliffs! I could never in a million years live there... I'm too afraid of heights! But they were really cool to see! Then we basked in the sun for a couple of hours. That's right. SUN! After our tanning sesh, we went on a hike through these narrow/rock formation type place. It was pretty cool. A lot of fun just hiking in the outdoors. It sure was good to be out in the open; I've been in the city for the past month and a half! It really has been an eventful past couple of weeks and I'm super stoked for Barcelona this week! 







No comments:

Post a Comment