Sunday, January 8, 2012

Espana: Day -1

Soooo.... I'M GOING TO SPAIN IN THE MORNING!!!! Last Summer I decided I needed an adventure in my life. Why should boys be able to leave on missions and have these incredible two year experiences while girls just stay at home? I wanted to be able to have a growing experience myself. And I know I could go on a mission myself, and I still might. But that will be a later blog! Anyway, I looked up the different BYU programs and I found this one to fit me the best. People always ask me why I decided to go to Spain. In all honesty, I won't be getting any courses done for my major and it cost me quite a bit of money. But something about Spain has always drawn me in. It seems so real and homey to me. I think Italy, France or England would be great, but I also feel like they are so commercialized.
I'm excited to be able to experience life in Spain and refresh my Spanish. I took Spanish from 3-8 grade, but haven't kept up on it. Over in Spain, I'll be taking 2 Spanish language classes, Spanish Art and Architecture, Madrid walks, and the history of the church in Spain. Seriously... can I even count that as going to school?! It's going to be like a three month vacation! We all travel on the weekends and I have one week where I can go anywhere in Europe. I'm thinking maybe Rome, but I"m not quite sure. Anyway I'm super stoked for this trip! Keep up on my blog and experience the trip with me! Adios America, See ya in three months!

No comments:

Post a Comment