Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Spain Week 1: Yo Hablo Espanol!

Happy one week in Spain to me! I can't believe it's only been a week. I've learned so much about the people here and about myself in the past week. Even my Spanish is getting better! Friday we went to El Parque De Retiro. It's basically a big Central Park. Oh my goodness it was so beautiful! Trees everywhere, people rollerblading and longboarding, even rollerblading lessons! Who knew?! And we saw the missionaries there! oh man that was great. One was from Orem and we could speak English and talk about things familiar. They were still in the MTC here, so I'm sure they were happy to talk to BYU students too. The park is filled with beautiful statues and monuments. I realize I probably shouldn't have climbed up on the statue, but it made for a great photo, eh?!


Then Sunday was my first day of church here. Talk about a wake up call! Actually this whole trip has been a wake up call. You know those people in America that are trying to learn English that say things like "Pick a color" or "You like?" or "You want flower?" That's totally me here in Spain! It's hard!!! haha So props to them for getting a job speaking English. I couldn't understand one bit of church.  It was freaking frustrating! Can't a girl just get some spiritual enlightenment around here?!
Then classes started Monday. First Spanish class.... 100 question test. Failed that one! But I am super excited about my classes. I'm learning so much Spanish, even just in the past two days. Seriously being here I've never been so stretched or so happy in my life. I'm in Spain! I'm living the life!

No comments:

Post a Comment